Indication: lower limbs
Almost half of our patients contact OrthoTrain because of hip, knee or ankle issues. The lower limbs quickly lose strength and coordination after injuries and operations, especially if their weight-bearing capacity is reduced for a period of time. This may result in instability and issues such as pain, feelings of pressure and unsteady movements.
Testing and training at OrthoTrain
With the help of our diagnostic testing systems, which cover isokinetics, EMG, MFT S3 coordination measurement, we perform comprehensive analyses of the strength and strength ratios of the lower limbs and measure muscle innervation, balance and coordination. A treadmill test reveals improper weight-bearing when walking and running. On the basis of the obtained results we develop custom-made and individually dosed training programs.
Training at OrthoTrain addresses functional limitations and improves weight-bearing capacity. Special exercises help you get back to doing your sport.
OrthoTrain: indications after operations and hip/knee/ankle injuries (selection)
Injuries to the capsular ligamentous complex:
- Knee: rupture of the anterior/posterior cruciate ligament, rupture of the collateral ligaments, meniscus injuries/operations, cartilage injuries
- Ankle: rupture of the lateral ligaments, instability
- Muscle injuries, muscle tears, partial muscle tears
- Accident-related injuries and fractures of the upper/lower leg
- Joint-replacement surgery: hip TEP, knee TEP